Claybrooke Karate Club
Important Notice for Club Members
- The hall will be deep cleaned once a week by the hall cleaner.
- Students must not train if - 1. You experienced any COVID-19 Symptoms 2. Been in contact with any confirmed/suspected COVID-19 cases, 3. Travelled internationally until you have quarantined for the required time.
- Student must enter singularly and not loiter at the main entrance.
- Students on the first class must leave by the rear door to avoid students entering from the front.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on arriving at the Dojo (provided).
- Any surfaces touched by club members must be cleaned with hand wipes provided, i.e. door/toilet handles, etc, and hands washed with sanitiser.
- Students must be dressed in their karate Gi's prior to entering the Dojo - Changing room will not be used to avoid close contact.
- Students must bring their own water - Hydration is important to prevent viral infections
- Students must not share personnel equipment - Pads, mitts etc.
- Any persons dropping off students must adhere to social distancing at the front of the building or remain in their car.
- There will be a restriction on the numbers of students allowed during lesson to social distancing.
- Try and stretch the legs prior to arriving at the Dojo, as there will be no leg stretch with a partner.
- There will be no partner work -Semi free, free fighting, etc.
- No shouting or kiai's.
- No spectators will be allowed in the building during lessons.
- Any person at risk must seek medical advice before participating in training.
- To secure your training place, students will have to pay a month in advance, either by bank transfer or the correct training fee (no change will be given) This is due to the restriction in numbers allowed - No refunds will be given in the event of a no show.
- These conditions will apply until otherwise informed by the appropriate authorities.
Karate & Self
defence classes - from beginners to
Shotokan karate is one of the most popular
martial art styles of Karate and is often
referred to as �the grandfather' of all
Martial arts is one of the greatest ways to
exercise. By keeping fit, you promote all
round health, both physically and mentally.
All our sessions commence with half an hour
of exercise followed by all aspects of
Karate and self-defence.
Experienced tutors prepare you and your
children for a positive lifestyle, giving
the edge at home, school, work or
socialising. More importantly, it gives you
self-esteem, self-confidence and much needed
Self-defence is important for both young and
old, especially for boys and girls to be
able to confidently defend themselves
against the ever increasing violence and
bullying within our society today.
Group tuition increases positive mental
development and respect for one self as well
as others. Children who practice karate
become stronger mentally, more responsible,
and develop a determination to help them
succeed in all aspects of life.
Sensei Conroy teaches ALL levels of
experience from beginner to advanced and ALL
age groups. Whether or not you�ve previously
learnt kickboxing, jujitsu, judo or any
other martial art � everyone is welcome to
train in the friendly, welcoming dojo Sensei
Conroy generates! Maybe your interest came
from Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan films � No
problem, they also had to start somewhere
and you can too!
Call me now, without obligation, to discuss
your current karate style, judo class,
kickboxing club or future self-defence
goals! Telephone: 0116 286 2683 or click the
'classes' hyperlink within the navigation
section to view our class timetable.
NB: Private jujitsu instruction available!
Call for details.